Sunday, September 03, 2006

So I was reading Time magazine....

So I was reading Time magazine and discovered that home work may possibly be bad for students! Who would have thought!? Supposedly it kills interest in learning instead of stimulating it like teachers hope it does. I highly suggest you read about it in Time magazine. They did some studies and found that in countries where students are given very little home work the students do better on standardized tests. I'm not sure where Canada stands in this whole discovery but our neighbours to the south aren't doing so well. I also discovered in my reading that teenage boys aren't in relationships for the you know what. Someone decided to do a study and discovered that teenage boys do have feelings and are very much into the love thing. I haven't finished reading the article but if I learn more I'll blabber about it tomorrow. Interesting?!

In other news it is only 65 days until I become an adult! Scary eh? That means it is only 58 days till Halloween. Give me one second while I check how many until Christmas. I have to find the link to the countdown clock I found! 112 days till Christmas. http://www.auburn.edu/~vestmon/xmas_cnt.htm

So I guess all the university folks are going back or in some cases going for the first time. I'd just like to say how jealous I am because I really want to get out of here ASAP. Get in lots of trouble for me!

Oh here's a link to a cool website. Very funny comics about a stick man named Jim! Tres funny! http://www.jimseats.com/

So winter is on the way and I'm getting pumped to start curling and skidooing again! Oh and hunting season is coming up to. Very exciting times coming up. I'm even excited about school except for that whole being the oldest and having to take calculus by correspondance, etc. Anyways take her easy gals and guys! And if she comes easy you know what to do......

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

i read that article, actually both articles. They were pretty interesting