Tuesday, February 13, 2007

When Life Gives You Lemons Make Juice

So today was the band trip to Winnipeg but that's minor compared to what else happened on the trip to Winnipeg. As most of you know I'm applying to enter the Canadian Forces as a pilot. You've probably all heard me blabber on about how I want to fly transport planes so that I can help starving people or people who need an airlift out of somewhere. Well today that dream came crashing down when I visited the recruiter. My left eye was a few tenths off of the requirements to be a pilot even though I have 20/20 vision or better as I was informed. Miss Isaac told me she thought I was gonna cry when I got back from the recruiter and I'll be completely honest the thought did cross my mind but I've decided to make juice out of lemons I've been given. I was allowed to reapply for another position. So right now my options are Air Field Engineer, Combat Engineer, and Aerospace Engineer. I'm hoping for my first choice of Air Field Engineer so I can build airbases, and airports so that the flyboys are dependant on me and so that I'm still wearing the snazzy blue uniform.

On the band trip front things were good. Hung out with Curtis on the way in and we tried watching movies on his DVD player but the battery died about 5 minutes in. Then we played at the Convention Center after I got back from the recruiter and I guess we didn't play so hot but I felt like I played the best I've ever played in my life. Then we went to Polo Park. Chelsey, Stacy, Curtis, and I went to Moxy's which was pretty amusing, because none of us are experienced fancy restaraunt types. That was a funny time but I won't get into the details, because they're embarrassing for some people. Then on the way home I nearly fell asleep but some people are just to loud to allow others to sleep. Oh and Britney tried requesting "18 till I Die" by Bryan Adams for me but the radio station wouldn't allow it because they'd already requested it "Cut's Like a Knife". Silly radio station not playing Canadian music.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually, its "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade"

Anonymous said...

lmao yea it is!!

Just A Girl said...

aw b-rad that to bad!!
I know whatever you do in your life, you'll do great!!

britscrazylife said...

Hey brad lol sorry about the song haha but I tried! lol one of these days we will get it on there just for you! lol and sorry to hear about your dreams being crushed. i really hope you get your next choice!

katryn said...

when life hands you Lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Michele said...

lol, I'm with Katie

Anonymous said...

so.....what are you doing this weekend?

B-Rad said...

Playing a little bball and then I'm not sure. Maybe some curling or some plain hanging out at home I dunno. All I know is that I have to be home at 5 on Sunday for my sis's bday supper.

Gill said...

that sucks about your vision, life is a bitch. well I'm sure you'll succeed in whatever you choose to do, GOOD LUCK!

Brynne said...

When life gives you lemons...you make lemonade.

And when the going gets tough...the tough make lemonade!

Seriously though Brad, that has to suck. E-hugs.