Thursday, February 08, 2007

It's shuffleboard and no. You gotta think like snooker, poker, and free-rock climbing. This is dangerous shit.

It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, bevelled on the belly and a handle a human being can hold. And it may have no practical purpose in itself but it is a repository of human possibility and if it's handled just right, it will exact the kind of poetry...

Well I stole that little quote from my favourite sports movie of all time (Men With Brooms). Hopefully tomorrow my rink and I can exact some of that "poetry" with those 42 pounds of polished granite at zones in Rossburn. Our first match up is against Hamiota at 1 followed by games with Rossburn and Strathclair at 3 and 5 respectively.

So today at school was actually pretty cool. Second semester English is actually pretty sweet so far. We learned about this famous Welsh poet named Dylan Thomas. Quite the guy this Dylan Thomas was. He was an alcoholic, who had no problem with cheating on his wife, probably because she was in the same boat as he was. His poetry was actually good to, which comes as a surprise to me because I'm not a big fan of poetry. Next was Calculus, which went all right. Then Physics. Next was French which I'm thinking is going to be a good time. For once the class is huge and the people in it are fun and we're going on a field trip next week. Plus I get to tease Jodi lol! Gotta love that.

So once curling is done Saturday think I'm gonna header to Brandon for some good times with the university crowd. Sunday I supposedly have to work at the rink, which doesn't sound to appealing if Saturday night is decent. Tuesday is the band trip and Thursday is Festival du Voyageur! Oh and I got another conditional acceptance for a university. This time it was good old U of S, which is where I plan on going if the military doesn't take me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dylan Thomas was pretty awesome...another good poet is Al Purdy.