Monday, February 05, 2007

Not bad at all......

I'll start with the dull and get to the paint drying at the end. My Friday was a write off. I got up at around 11:30, watched some television, avoided the cold, watched Benchwarmers, and returned to my warm bed.

Next was Saturday. Now that was a decent day all things considered. Headed up to Rossburn for some curling action. We won our first game in the morning. The boys wanted some Chinese food so we went for some lunch. Came back for the Hot Shots competition, which we didn't win but coach won so the team was sorta connected to that small victory. Then we played our second game in the round robin. For some unknown reason it was a team from Shoal Lake and the reigning Super League Champs. We put up a good fight but were no match. That landed us in the second event. So we were done for the day. Matt and I were travelling home together but realized it was to early to go home. So after a trip to the local establishment, a lot of phone calls, and one voice mail on Chele's phone we came to the conclusion there was nothing to do. So we ended up at Chris' watching Grandma's Boy and Southpark.

Then today came. Boy what a day. We won our first game and moved on to the finals in the second event. In our second game we were down by 4 and things were looking grim in the 5th end. I made a shot I never thought I could make and we came out of that end with 6 points or as I like to think of it 3/4 of our rocks counting. After 3 more ends we finished the game with a final score of 13-5 to give us the victory. Oh and if Huckerby-Smith reads this I'm sorry I didn't have Carlyle home in time to make his scheduled call but we were busy curling and winning Carlyle a pocket watch.

So anyhoo tomorrow my family leaves for Cowtown, and I've got bball and curling. Tuesday is sorta open at the moment, Wednesday is bball in Rossburn, and Friday is curling zones in Rossburn. I can't wait! My excitment level is past any measurable point.

No comments: