Sunday, October 08, 2006

So I figured I'd start this blog off with Friday's comics. I must say Friday was a good day for the comics. Dilbert was just plain amusing and Beetle Bailey had some really deep thoughts.

Now on to Friday night! Friday night I went over to Katey's. It was a pretty fun night. We did the usual hanging out, watching movies, and such gig. The only downside was that I didn't get much sleep Friday night but that's the price I'm willing to pay to have fun both on Friday nights and Saturdays. So obviously I had this lack of sleep because I woke up to go gliding. Now what a day that was. There was 6 staff showed up. The maintenance folks had left the master switch on in the towplane. (The master is the switch that turns all the electrical stuff on). So with the master on that meant a dead battery. No big deal airplanes can be started by hand. We got the plane started and found out that the battery would not recharge on it's own so we had to shut the plane down and recharge the battery. While all of this was happening 30 cadets showed up for glider rides and the weather kept progressing towards total badness. Eventually we got the towplane back into running order and we started the flying. Luckily the winds weren't bad. The clouds on the other hand were another story. That made getting towed exciting. Had to get towed around clouds, had to descend while on tow to go under clouds, and had to get towed through rain. Eventually the clouds and rain made us stop flying the gliders and we just gave the rest of the kids towplane rides.

Sunday the weather was to bad from the start so we didn't glide. I came home and cleaned the basement. Then we had Thanksgiving festivities with the family and here we are at 11:02PM on a Sunday night. I think I'm going to bed now or very soon.

No comments: