Sunday, October 29, 2006

Scaring kids, hanging out, and dodging snow showers over southern Manitoba

Ok let's start with Friday. Now I can't remember what exactly I did with the majority of my Friday. Obviously it wasn't to exciting. I do remember what I did Friday night. Friday night I worked at the haunted house, which was enjoyable. I know I could have been other places but at least the haunted house wasn't the worst place I could have been. I scared a few kids and the odd parent.

Saturday was my do home work and other stuff day. Once my home work and other stuff was done I headed over to Adrienne's. That was pretty awesome. We hung out, watched some movies, and such. Then I left for home home, which would normally mean I go to sleep however when I arrived at my house it was locked. However that isn't the story I was wanting to tell. For some reason I was hungry when I got home. But here's the catch. All the food is upstairs. That presented two problems. Stairs and the fact that everyone except me lives upstairs and I didn't wanna wake anyone up. So I just went to the freezer looking for a fudgicle or something because someone ate all the crackers and stuff downstairs. There was no fudgicles. There was ice cream but I had no spoon. So I dug around looking for a spoon in this box of plastic cutlery I found downstairs. All I found was forks. So I scooped ice cream with two forks into a plastic cup and ate ice cream. Then I went to bed. That's my lame story for the day.

Today or as I like to call it Sunday I woke up bright and early. After starting my day with a bowl of Froot Loops I hit the snowy road on my way to Brandon. I figured we wouldn't fly because I was driving through a blizzard. By the time I got to Hamiota there was no sign of snow and by the time I got to Rapid City it was a blizzard again. When I got to Brandon there was no snow. Once we realized the kids we were supposed to take flying weren't showing up we prepped to go to Gimli. So we took off for Gimli and the first thing that happened was that it started snowing. We made it through that but by the time we hit Portage there was snow and clouds so we spent some time diving and climbing in and around a million different clouds. Then suddenly Gimli appeared, the sun came out, and the wind disappeared. Then obviously I made my way home from Gimli. The end. Now I'm going to bed before I pass out on the keyboard.

No comments: