Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ahh my head is pounding and I haven't done anything to deserve it. I'm assuming it's from all the smoke I was in this weekend at my 6th and final cadet winter excercise. Which was actually one of the better excercises I've participated in despite the low numbers and 0 seniors with myself being the exception. Since there was barely anyone who showed up there was a pile of spare food so Carlyle, Willem, and I ate a ton of pudding, roasted dinner rolls over a fire to make toast, and pretty much consumed a lot of food. Carlyle and I attempted to pull off an all nighter but gave up about five minutes into it and simply dumped every piece of firewood on the fire and watched it from the comfort of our sleeping bags until we past out. I forgot the sleeping bags were made for hobbits so I had to curl up and one of my shoulders stuck out but otherwise I was nice and cozy all night except for when the kid beside me would kick or roll. Though the excercise was sorta like that M*A*S*H episode where all the nurses leave and it's just the doctors. Except Willem, Carlyle, and I aren't doctors and none of us have relationships with nurses. So maybe it wasn't like that episode but still that's a classic and it was brought up while we sat around the fire.

We'll go back a few days now to Friday. This past Friday was probably an above average Friday. Adri came over to hang out, then Youth Group which was still fun even though we got locked out of the gym, and then more hanging out after Youth Group. The only bad part of the day was when two people I won't name stole the chips and made me chase them for the chips. This week should be nice and slow. Only curling and cadets. So I've got tons of free time to finally get to work on calculus. 106 days until graduation!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

*gasp* i can't believe that someone was mean enough to steal chips from you!

Anonymous said...

lol well maybe if you weren't chasing them, they wouldn't be running away... hmm?