Monday, January 01, 2007

Out with the old and in with.........

So how did I spend my New Years Eve? With Adrienne of course and it was a pretty awesome time. So quick little trivia question. Who did Time Magazine name the person of the year? Me! and everyone else in the world. That's right they named everyone the person of the year, because we control the information age, through such things as this blog and Youtube. So I just thought I'd inform y'all of that.

So now that 2006 is over we can all look back with our 20/20 hindsight and react in any way we want to what occured. 2006 was a good year and probably the most successful of all the years I've gone through, though 2007 will most likely give 2006 a run for it's money. I'm gonna run through 2006, real quickly here and go over the highlights.


January - January was a pretty slow month actually. Though I did take that entrance exam for power to the cleaners.

February - Another slow month, though I had some success with curling and I whooped the review boards.

March - 30 Hr. Famine, cadet trip to Winnipeg, family trip to South Dakota, and some other good times.

April - Gliding season started!

May - I received my passenger rating in the glider and I started flying kids! Band trip to Moose Jaw, got my fancy hairdo, made some girls cry and others hysterical. Probably the closest I'll get to being a rock star. Got promoted to Warrant Officer Second Class, received the Legion Medal of Excellence, became Squadron Commander, etc. Won the Student Council elections and became President. Not bad for the under dog in the election's race. Pretty good month overall.

June - Finished Grade 11 on the honor roll. Safe gradded it up twice. Relay for Life.

July - Left for St. Andrews to begin the largest accomplishment of my life.

August - I was the Flight Commander of the St. Andrews cadets at our Wings Parade, where I obviously received the wings that made me a pilot!

September - Started Grade 12, and back to the gliding field where I chalked up the time like nobody's business.

October - What a month October was. It was quite a weird time romantically we'll say and leave it at that. In the end though it all worked out perfectly and now I have an amazing gf. I also kept chalking up the glider time, and I got a cross-country to Gimli in.

November - Well there was hunting, which didn't go so well but I had fun.

December - Pretty successful month. Was accepted to two universities (U of M and U of W). Started the long process of joining the military, and so far have been pretty successful at that. Staffed a cadet weekend in Winnipeg.

No comments: