Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Still haven't thought of anything profound

So the good news is I'm about one day away from never having to swath again in my life because this should hopefully be my last harvest if all goes well with school and life in the upcoming months. So I've thought of stuff to write on here but then I forgot it or it's to long to write in the short amount of time I'm giving myself because I want to go to bed soon. Tomorrow I'm going to go get my hair cut because that fourteen dollar haircut (big ripoff) I got in Winnipeg looks meh. You'd think haircuts in the city would be cheaper then in small town Manitoba but they aren't. That's my rant about haircut prices. Then I'm going to the doctor who will hopefully help me rid myself of that annoying acne problem which I won't get into. I believe in learning even if it's learning useless information. So today I've looked up a word my Dad used today because I wanted to know it's meaning. The word is harem. Give me one second while I copy and paste this from the dictionary.......


har‧em  /ˈhɛərəm, ˈhær-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hair-uhm, har-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.
the part of a Muslim palace or house reserved for the residence of women.
2.
the women in a Muslim household, including the mother, sisters, wives, concubines, daughters, entertainers, and servants.
3.
Animal Behavior. a social group of females, as elephant seals, accompanied or followed by one fertile male who denies other males access to the group.
4.
Facetious or Offensive. a group of women associated in any way with one man or household: Father joked that he had a harem of five daughters.





After finding out the meaning of the word I've discovered my father misused it in his sentence and I will most likely educate him on the meaning of the word the next time he uses it. I'm going to leave you all know with something funny I heard Mitch Hedberg (comedian) say: "I got tired of following my dreams so I just asked them where they were going so I could meet up with them later."

I had to stop what I was doing because I laughed so hard!

5 comments:

Just A Girl said...

my dad always jokes that he has a harem

B-Rad said...

According to the dictionary he does. Dad said I had one but after discovering the meaning it's apparent I don't.

Just A Girl said...

lol... poor brad

B-Rad said...

Yeah I don't even have on girl close to being exclusive. As a matter of fact I haven't seen a girl my age in over a week.

Adrienne said...

Don't feel bad Brad. I haven't seen a guy close to my age since sunday, and that was only Curtis.