Monday, December 04, 2006

So anyways this past weekend was spent at 17 Wing Winnipeg. I got picked to be a staff cadet for Excercise Future Eagles. Which was all right. It sorta lacked the excitement I was looking for but we did have some excitement on two instances when we couldn't find some cadets. Actually it was more annoying then exciting. So my job was pretty much that of a glorified babysitter for people only a year or two younger then me. Though I did get to see some people I never get to see and it was nice to give back to the program. I did learn some stuff over the weekend but it came from watching TV, while we were marking exams. A cockroach can live a week without its head and ancient Romans used (I'm not even going to say) for mouth wash. We left the base an hour and a half earlier then scheduled on Sunday, which was awesome because it gave me a bit more time to visit Adri.

So anyways once I got back to Strathclair, I hopped in my car, which was extremely cold and headed to Adrienne's. When I got there no one was home, which was only a partial surprise so I just hung out with the dog and cat and did homework until Adrienne got back to the house. Hung out for a bit (a bit not being long enough) then I went to curling practice. I never thought curling practice could get very intense but it was quite the cardio workout when we did our sweeping drills (yes sweeping drills because we're intense). By the time I made it home I was ready to sleep for the next year but I never got around to that. Hopefully tonight. Oh and some good news I think I've made some headway in my Christmas shopping. Haven't actually bought anything but I've got some ideas, which is something I don't seem to get until about 30 seconds before I take something off the shelf at the store.

Well I'm gonna finish off with a quote I stole off the whiteboard at school:

"Small minds discuss people, moderate minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas."

2 comments:

Just A Girl said...

lol me and u totaly have teh same way of shoping for gifts

Anonymous said...

no it wasn't anywhere near long enough. I cant wait till friday!!! You know everyone has to bring a wrapped $5 dollar gift, right? probably not. I forgot to tell you. It for some git exchange game thing, fun times