Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Life is So Freakin Amazing!

So at the moment I'm not following the advice of a good friend and am remaining awake long enough to do some blogging. I'll be taking the advice momentarily, but I'm on bit of a roll when it comes to writing. I wrote a darn good speech today that stood up to tons of scrutiny. Anyone attending the SL grad supper will get the pleasure of hearing it.

Anyways last week I became a member of the Canadian Forces! Finally! I've been waiting since I was about 12 to join and now I'm in. It took me an hour of initialing and signing papers, to get ready for the swearing in ceremony the next day. But all of that initialing was worth it. I was in such shock throughout the entire swearing in ceremony that I was overwhelmed with happiness. I couldn't believe it was finally happening and happening at 1 CAD (1 Canadian Air Division. It's a pretty important place. Runs a good portion of the Canadian air force and it's in Winnipeg). I was sworn in by a Major-General, who was extremely friendly and made the ceremony quite memorable. There was even some people I didn't expect to show up to the ceremony and one of them brought an airfield engineer down to talk to me specifically. I don't think I could accurately describe the pride, happiness, sense of upcoming adventure, etc that I felt during the ceremony.

That's not the only goodness I've been feeling lately. Had an awesome weekend of hanging out with family and friends. Also fit in some community service in there to. All of it amazing. I've got one exam to write, which is bit of a downer but once that's done I'm continuing on with my campaign of fun. I'm down to around 10 days until I leave home and 11 till I leave from Winnipeg. I'll make sure I leave my contact info before I leave and continue to check the blog and facebook for updates when I get computer access! If you send me a letter while I'm gone I'll also make sure I write back as long as my life isn't to hectic at that point in time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so glad that things are working out for yah! its sounds like your so exicted and can't wait to get on with this next part of your life! Good Luck...and make sure you do keep in contact i want to hear about all your experiences out east.