Friday, June 01, 2007

24 days till Grad/28 till my departure

So we're down to 24 days until I graduate. 28 till June 30th, when I leave for the Initial Assessment Phase of the Basic Officer Training Course. Found out yesterday from the Recruiting Center that I'm to be sworn into the Canadian Forces on 17 Wing Winnipeg on the 15th. I'm unbelievably excited for that day. It's a day I've been waiting for since I was 12 years old. I should also be getting my enrollment package in the mail today or sometime soon. Though definitely not soon enough.

Yesterday was also my last parade as the Squadron Commander of 317 Strathclair. I've hung up my cadet uniform for good. It feels just like yesterday that I joined as an unsure 12 year old. It's been nearly 7 years and they've been some of the best years I've had. Cadets has helped point me a lot in my life and has allowed me to accomplish a lot so despite my excitement to be done I'm a little sad. I finished off my last year as the Most Dedicated and Best Dressed Cadet. I was also runner up for the Best Senior NCO.

Only 2 more weekends of gliding and then I'll have to sadly say good-bye to that program for awhile. It'll be nice to get back to gliding this weekend, since neither I nor the gliding center has flown since the end of April. So despite the end of cadets, gliding, school, and everything else I've been a part of here, things are great and unbelievably amazing!

No comments: