Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Flying, flying, and more flying!

So this past weekend the Brandon Gliding Center got back to gliding and I sure did a lot. On Saturday I did 12 flights, which was probably about a third of the flying that was done give or take a bit. I flew so much I actually asked to get out of the glider at one point and I never do that. Then I went suit shopping, which by the way was the most painless shopping experience of my life. Though being the only guy in the store for the sales girls to play dress up never hurt either. Computer shopping wasn't so painless. The sales dude definitely wasn't strong in the English department, though after much questioning and deliberation Mom and I came out of the store with a computer. Technically we didn't actually come out with it, I have to go back and get it after it's setup but y'all get the point.

That night I headed to Houston's with Jason, to go to Sarah's bday bash. I took it pretty easy but it was still fun. Some girl that wasn't with us passed out and had to be taken away in the ambulance. The other excitement was when I realized dropping ice cubes off the balcony could be both fun and an excellent conversation starter. Saw tons of people I hadn't seen in awhile.

The next day was more gliding. We finally got started around 10:00 instead of our usual 9:00 because the squadrons showed up late. I flew 11 flights, and one of them was half an hour, while we waited for the towplane to refuel. Over the course of the weekend I did 5 hours of gliding, which is more then I did in my first season at Yorkton, and more then the amount of solo time a student has coming out of the gliding school. So I did tons of flying this weekend. I also did my 200th flight on Sunday.

Monday was a slow day. Tuesday was awesome. I made my return to powered flight and was quite impressed at how well I did. I landed the plane like a glider once, otherwise everything was good. I also got my enrollment package from the CF. So overall yesterday was an amazing day despite the fact I had to go to school.

Anyways tonight is the band concert. Sorta a downer if you ask me. Friday I'm going to the fair. Saturday is more gliding, and Sunday I'm taking a glider to Gimli! My last month as a civilian is shaping up pretty good!

No comments: