Friday, August 31, 2007

One Step Further

So as of yesterday I completed the first step of my training in the CF. My Initial Assessment Period is finished and with much success. The only negative point on my course report was about my lacking in upper body strength and everything else was postive (supposedly I have remarkable leadership ability!). Anyways it was both fun and a good challenge and I made it through without getting in trouble or losing anything (except those 15 pounds I no longer carry with me, I musta been fat when I left).

So after a slight hassle leaving the Mega (I forgot to take pictures of it, oh well) I hopped on a city bus to Montreal. Once getting to Montreal I relied on the kindness of people to get my 3 huge bags and 2 smaller ones across two streets from the bus station to the train station. I then hopped on a train for Ottawa. The train is by far the best method of transportation I've taken with the exception of an airliner. Way better then the stinky old Greyhound I would have taken had I been in the Prairies. I still miss the Prairies, though VIA rail should maybe look into being more available in the Prairies. Once I got to Ottawa I was picked up by my Uncle, who I'm staying with until Monday. I'm enjoying a nice bed, home cooked meals, and other things you get when you live in a house.

On Monday I report to Kingston, on the 10th I start classes, and that's all I know about my future at the moment. I do know however that I'll be home for Christmas lol! Anyways that's all that's new with me and hopefully I can keep this updated through FYOP (First Year Orientation Period). Take care and have fun at school!

No comments: