Saturday, August 11, 2007

You're All Effed Up Like A Meat Flavoured Milkshake

So that was one of my favourite lines from the week. It wasn't said to me but I heard it said to a few people. The other favourite line this week was having my French platoon commander ask one of the bilingual members of the platoon what gaggle fuck meant in English. The answer obviously being gaggle fuck.

So I spent this week out at Farnham which is the field training site for the school. The first 2 days we spent out on the range. Very exciting. When they give the order to put the fire selector on automatic and you let it rip at the target, you get quite the rush. Very intense. In between firing on the range we learned how to build lean tos, hoochies, eat ration packs, etc. All very easy stuff since I did all of it in Fortune's pasture! Who woulda thought those weekends would pay off lol! Wednesday was spent doing field training and marching around. Musta marched 10+ kms that day. Thursday was our day and night navigation excercise. Spent the entire day navigating in the bush. Also learned how to face paint our faces to be camoflauged. Friday we spent the morning learning how to crawl and do the hand signals (like the ones in the movies)! Then we returned to St. Jean and the Mega was actually a beautiful sight to see for once lol!

Today some buddies and I found an English theatre and watched both the Simpsons movie and the Borne Ultimatum. Both were so good. The Borne movie was so good I went out and bought the books.

This upcoming week we do a small stint at Farnham and the rest is just some final written and PT exams. Shouldn't be bad. We also have a big inspection which freaks some people out but you just gotta play it cool and it'll be good. Or so I've been doing with success thus far.

Yes I named my rifle Allison. Who ever said that I didn't because of classmates or something is entirely wrong. Just think a little. I'd explain the reasons but I don't have much time to get in depth. Let's just say the Allison I went to school with was always there to get me out of a homework jam just like I hope my rifle will always be there to get me outta a jam in some backwater country while I'm getting shot at. The Allison I dated well was just a good girlfriend (like all of my former gfs) and I just wanted my rifle to remind me of good things. That's the simple explanation. I'm sure I'll be asked to explain it more some other time and I will. Anyways I gotta sign off so take her easy and I think you know the rest. It's back to the gin mill for me!

No comments: