Sunday, August 26, 2007

One week till Kingston

So this past week I spent in lovely Farnham, which if you haven't heard is the field training site for St. Jean. The first four days were leadership evaluations. I scored a nice 52/55 which put me as one of the highest in the platoon on that evaluation. We also got ambushed a few times. Artillery simulators were going off, gun shots, etc, etc. Very fun! Seriously. On Friday we had our 13km rucksack march (in the rain) so our 40 or so pounds of equipment was soaked. Let's just say it wasn't the best 2 hours and 23 minutes I've had lately. To top it all off we had to do the firemans carry and dig a trench. I dug mine in under 6 minutes, which means I'm hot shit supposedly.

This week we hand in a bunch of equipment we never used but I'm glad to give it back. For example I shouldn't need mucklucks at university. We also get to hand our rifles in. What a sad day that will be.......NOT!! Can't wait to get rid of that giant pain in the butt. Hopefully on Thursday night I'm on a train to Ottawa to visit some relatives before I move to Kingston next Monday. Can't wait to get to Kingston the home of a large federal pen, The Tragically Hip, Queens University (lets hope the stories about the girls are true lol), and of course the Royal Military College of Canada. Once I get there First Year Orientation begins and the month of September 2007 will be a very memorable one full of PT, and other assorted torture tests lol!

So yeah, that's bout all that's new with me. Things are great. I'll admit I'm missing not being around the farm everytime I see a combine or grain bin. FYI the people here have giant combines for the size of their farms. 9610s and bigger for a few hundred acres! That's retarded. Silly farmers here in Quebec. But to sum it all up I'm enjoying the military life and am really excited to start classes on the 10th! Anyways good luck to all of those going on to university soon and for all of those lucky people going back to high school. Live it up and take advantage of it while you still can!!

No comments: