Saturday, February 23, 2008

What a Break!!

Well for anyone wondering I've made it back to Kingston. I had an awesome break and can't wait to get back to Shoal Lake for another, though I don't know when that will be. I don't even know for how long, but I know it will be a gooder no matter what! Sadly I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to see, but I got to see my family and some of the people I consider family even though we don't share any blood. Some highlights of the week:

- My delayed train, which left me marooned in Toronto on Friday night.

- Saturday! Picked up bright and early at the airport. Made it home despite the crappy roads, and with a small detour in Portage la Prairie. Then a good nap, supper, and then I was gone until Sunday at lunch time. Needless to say many a drink were consumed and it was small "family" reunion in the Shoal Lake Bar. Awesome band, and simply amazing to see some of my friends again and all the good towns people! Then it was off to Jordan's house for an exciting few hours. I even introduced Jordan's Mexican friends to Captain Blacks! Maybe not a healthy introduction but the odd cigar every now and then never hurt anyone. I woke up in another house the next morning but I remember it all and only paid for my fun with a headache and the desire to stay away from food.

- Sunday was Julie's birthday! Saw the family, and stuffed my face full of grub. I also got to hang out with my favourite cousin Austin!

- Monday was the ski trip to Assessippi with Allison, Jordan and company. Awesome day. Allison turned her snowboard into a tobbagan and just a damn good day outside in the fresh air.

- Tuesday, pretty boring for the first bit. Made a solo trip into Brandon for some stuff. Pretty boring, but then I ended up at Arnfinsons playing Guitar Hero with Skylar. Later that night I found myself in Rossburn Bar with Jordan and company. After a few rounds of pool, and me once again introducing the Mexicans to something new (Alexander Keith's beer), we found ourselves at Jordan's buddy's house introducing the Mexicans to snowmobiling. Then it was back to Shoal Lake with a small stop in a field to have some celebatory bottle rocket firing. Bottle rockets are the best fun I've had for $2.99 in a long time.

- After taking it easy Wednesday, Thursday was time for some action. After a stint as the guest of honor for my old cadet squadron banquet, it was off to Brandon for a night on the town. Jordan, the two Matts, and I attended the "Save a Bus, Ride a teacher social". It was also Matty's first night in the big city bar/club. We introduced him to Jagerbombs, and taxi rides. Very good night!

- Friday I made it home from Brandon. Visited my Grandparents, and finished my visiting rounds with a visit to Mark & Cyndy's.


I apologize to anyone I didn't get a chance to see! Hopefully I get lots of time in the summer and we'll catch up!!

No comments: