Monday, February 18, 2008

Be Prepared to Read

Well I made it home......no thanks to VIA Rail. I've seen modes of transportation late before but no more then half an hour at most. Well that was until Friday night. My train out of K-town was two hours late, which resulted in the rebooking of my flight and becoming one of those people you see living in the airport. Big airports really should look into getting those lounges like the big truck stops have, because living in Wolfgang Puck's restaruant isn't my idea of a good time. Though because of this delay, I was able to experience the marvels of public transportation in Toronto. If The Weatherkans think Winnipeg is horrible, they should maybe consider writing a song about Toronto. I'd have to say there is little love in Toronto and I felt about as safe as I would walking downtown Winnipeg. So after some experimentation with the subway system, and the city buses I made it to Pearson Airport, where I then proceded to get the grand tour, because I got off at the wrong bus stop. Let's just say it was an adventure and a half, that lacked food and sleep. Eventually I made it to Manitoba, and eventually I made it back to home sweet home.

After a small nap, and the first long sleep I'd had in over a day I decided to hit up the town of Shoal Lake. Now I'm not going to brag but I've hit up a few places since discovering the greatness of a few good drinks. I've been to St. Catherines Street in Montreal, bar hopped in St. Jean, made it to Kingston's finest establishment the Ale House, saw some of the Winnipeg scene, got into the Hollydome in Yorkton, and seen the establishments of Brandon to many times to recall. Now all of those places were a blast, but small town Manitoba will always beat the big places even if small town Manitoba lacks girls for me to get shot down by. Let's just say my return to Shoal Lake, was a good one and I'm lucky to have felt so good when I woke up on a floor that was not even entered into the equation at the start of the night.

You could say I feel the same feelings for Shoal Lake and its bar as Toby Keith when he sings "I Love this Bar." I remember saying something about that lastnight when I was downing the gin like tomorrow wasn't going to happen with my old high school friend, who also agreed that despite its lack of change that Shoal Lake is a great place. I think we both agreed to retire here and spend our retirement hunting and fishing.

So no post would be complete without me complaining about something. This complaint I'm about to make is something I've mentioned before. Making out. Like everyone else with a properly working jaw, a tongue, and clean mouth I like it. What I don't like is when people are doing it in public. Now I'm sure all you people guilty of it love each other or think you love each other or what ever. Does that mean you need to make out in the train station, the airport, the subway, the bar, or some other public venue? No I don't think so. It sorta's the same concept as "I enjoy talking to my friends, but I don't in class" or "I like to party and have a few drinks but I don't do it on Mainstreet or in front of the Mounties." Catch my drift? Save that for the privacy of anywhere but a public place, because I'd hate for you public kissers to get stupid and brave and do something I'd rather see even less.

What else is there to say. Life at RMC is good, though holidays are nice. Last weekend was Westpoint Weekend, which is where people from Annapolis come to visit.......not! Westpoint Weekend is the traditional weekend exchange of Canada and America's finest officer cadets between RMC and Westpoint (US Military Academy aka the US Army equivelant of RMC). That was a fun weekend, it's very entertaining to see people dressed in clothes meant for downtown Baghdad walking around in a foot of snow. It's also interesting to meet our American brothers/sisters in arms and hear what their lives are like at Westpoint. In other news RMC stomped Queens at snow sculpting and I played a small part in it. That's all folks, I'm off to enjoy my semaine de relache while it lasts, because I won't be getting anymore for awhile!

1 comment:

Allison said...

so after not posting for like two weeks, you make an uber long post!?
right on.. i enjoyed it haha.. jk..
i need to get you your movie...