Saturday, April 07, 2007

My 6 Hour Tractor Tour of Westman

So today I went to Deloraine with Dad to an auction sale. He was eyeing up some machinery that he needed after the split with my uncle. I was hoping he'd purchase the grain truck and not the tractor so that I would have slightly faster chariot to drive home. So he bought the tractor a Case 4690. Back in 1980 something some farmers would have called it the Cadillac of farming. So anyhoo I was chosen for the prestigous job of driving this marvel of 1980's agricultural technology home. I didn't think it would take as long as I was told. 6 hours later I arrived home.

Some things I learned or highlights from my trip:
-Very few people know how to properly pass. Signal lights people ;) !
-The gas station in Hartney also serves as a craft/hardware/convenience store.
- 4690 tractors apparently have a common problem with their heaters though they do have good FM radios!
-The Sioux Valley General Store has both an open and closed sign. They're closed.
-Microwavable pizza subs are disgusting.
-Random people will wave at people driving tractors.
-I can't figure out why they didn't put cup holders in tractors back then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol... i feel really bad for you... by the way don't try microwavable chicken subs... there not much better