Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

So once again not much to report on. As usual my life consists of going to school, going to the gym, and the odd other thing. I left the peninsula for the first time since Spring Break this weekend to go to the RMC Talent Show, which was ironically held at Queen's University. I must say it was quite the display of talent, and very entertaining. Saturday I did home work until 10 and later found myself in the drinking mess. I don't think I need to explain what happened there. While sitting in the mess my phone went off. Not that strange I know but......it was a phone call from Manitoba. Though the person who called was at Son of a Beach having "fun", which made talking a little difficult, and when that person was talked to later he couldn't even remember it. But it felt nice to know that people back home realize I still exist and apparently someone even asked why I wasn't at Son of a Beach.....rumour has it that person was slightly buzzed. So that's bout all the news I have for now.

What I'd like to say now is about something I read on the news today. Yesterday across the country people went out and protested our participation in Afghanistan. Now I have to keep this clean...but. I think it's great that the people who went out and protested have opinions. If everyone thought the same then we'd still be cavemen and we'd be very bored.....but! If you are going to express your opinions think of a better way of doing it. If you love Canada so much to protest its participation in world affairs, then you should love the men and women who wear the uniform enough to not protest in the streets and make them feel un-supported. It's demoralizing for the people overseas. Anyways that's all I have for now.

No comments: