Thursday, December 06, 2007

Study Break

Well I'm taking some of my well deserved study break time to write possibly my last blurb before I hit Manitoban soil again.

Well so far this week, I've wrote my first two university exams. Now I could make some nasty references to describe how I feel about them, but that would not be befitting of me to do on this so very public medium. However I will still express my feelings on them. English was what I started my finals with. I wouldn't call it one of my finer pieces of work, but in the end what I studied was on it, so let us hope that my professor likes what I talked about otherwise I'm in doodoo. Chemistry was exam number two, and my first experience of writing in your classic university environment of a big hall, filled with row upon row of students utterly confused at the material they thought they knew from hour upon hour of studying. I don't feel grand about the exam but for some reason I came out of the exam quite calm in comparison to my comrades, who weren't. The irony of that is, that during midterms it was the other way around. It appears that I've become calm and comfortable with the fact that what ever happens, happens. All for some reason and at the end of the day something will work out. Plans might have to be adjusted but you just need to roll with it.

4 more to go! The brightside! One is open book and it has been discovered I only need 10% on the final to pass the course (so if the crap hits the fan, I'll still make it through), one is an arts course that I'm kicking ass in, and the other two are all year so if I screw up now I still have one more shot to redeem myself (or so I'm told). You know me though, I always manage to pull something off and I plan on continuing that strong tradition.

On a lighter note. Have any of you seen the Victoria Secret's Fashion Show? I haven't watched the entire thing. I'll be doing that when I get home. That's not the point however. Did anyone see the Spice Girls bit? Is it just me or have they not all aged as finally as expected. Scary Spice can actually claim to be scary now. Just my two cents on them. On the bright side though they can still perform well!

Today's fun fact: 8 days till I place my feet on the sub-arctic soil of the motherland or I guess I could call it Manitoba.

No comments: