Friday, December 21, 2007

My Thoughts on Home

So it's been just under a week since I made my return back to Manitoba. In that time I managed to leave the country for two days, but I also formulated some thoughts/opinions on the place I thought about returning to many a night when I was cuddled up to my rifle or later on cursing a textbook in both official languages (it's how I practice my French). So I'm not 100% where to start with this explanation of my feelings concerning my old stomping grounds back here in the Keystone province.

Let me begin with the word change. Now it is to late at night for me to pull out the dictionary and define the word change so hopefully you all know the meaning while I take you on the trip that will become a rant. When I begun packing and generally just getting excited about coming home on leave, I became concerned about how things probably changed a great deal since I left. Much to my surprise when I took my first big excursion into Shoal Lake I made a discovery. Nothing has changed, and that goes for everything. Sure some people have made some modifications to their lifestyle, but nothing major. Buildings have been built, knocked down, etc but once again nothing major. In reality nothing has changed though. Now part of that lack of change in this place is great. It means nothing bad has happened, though the downside is that nothing overly exciting has happened. The only thing that's changed in the past 6 months is myself. Now I'm not complaining about the lack of change in my old territory, but the fact that it irritates me in some unexplainable way has solidified my decisions about life and how I enjoy being somewhere with an unpredictable rate of change. The military obviously being a fountain of change and place for a great amount of growth as I've already discovered. I'm not sure if I made any sense at all with that, but I feel I have been able to relay some sort of message.

Now I'm going to answer a question a great deal of people have asked me and probably shock some people with my opinion on the matter. No I have not found a girl in Ontario. Have I been looking? Not at all. I don't have the time for it. Plus I don't need to have to worry about a girl at this stage of my life. I've got plenty of worries with school let alone the few million other things I enjoy having piled on me by my school. Sure a girlfriend would be loads of fun but all that lovey dovey crap isn't for me at this time in my life. FYI: not tons of fun, because I'm not into those sorta girls. FYI Pt 2: I'm not trying to be a downer on lovey dovey crap, but really does it get you anywhere of great importance at age 19? The morale of this story though?! I have no time for a girlfriend and unlike the past refuse to make the effort to make time for one. Mon career dans une force de aerienne est très importante pour moi! See I can even cobble together enough French to express myself!

*Editor's note: This post is by no means a series of complaints but simply an explanation of some of my recent thoughts.
**Editor's note: There is no editor!!
***Hopefully I don't have to take back any of these non-wise words anytime soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have no actual comment about your post, seeing as we've already talked about most of it already...

all i really gotta say is that you need to come over sometime.. or something.. we have things to discuss lol


(the main point of this comment was to make people wonder what we're talking about! haha.. i'm bored, ok!)

Anonymous said...

Heya!

Thanks for the nice little comment you made on my blog. It's appreciated.

It sounds like you are a stellar individual I must say. Just keep up you're work, and try not to let the change (or lack of change) affect ya. Things will fall into place, maybe not tomorrow, or even next week. It might take a little while, but it's coming for you.

Yes, I believe that's about all I have to say.

Merry Christmas!