Sunday, November 04, 2007

The Weekend

Well not much to say about the weekend. Friday night after my work out at the gym, I went back to Yeo and ate. Then I pretty much just hung out and watched movies with the 2nd and 3rd years.

Yesterday was decent. Slept in until noon. Struggled with some homework, gave up on aforementioned home work(getting tutored on it tonight thankfully). Then I decided to help a brother out in the romance department. I bet you're all saying whoa, I bet that guy isn't going to get far with his love life. Did I mention I helped him out with buying a gift to?! I forgot to mention to him that most of the gifts I've ever bought for my girlfriends were guided by a) my mother, b) my ex-gfs (very smooth I know), c) or other girls. But anyways he got dressed up in his scarlets and I took his picture with my great photography skills and then I helped him photoshop and develop it, and get a frame. Then we went and watched fencing, which isn't as exciting as I imagined it to be. So went to the mess and hung out. Today is home work day, and getting ready for the next 3 days of inspections! Which is crazy, because I have two midterms this week and one of them I'm toast in. Oh well.........

Do any of you associate songs with certain memories? Or am I the only one. For example when I hear Pink Floyd's "Money" I remember a past lady acquaintance of mine. However that's not what I want to talk about. This week my room mate got me hooked up to his network so I can access all of his music and movies. So I was listening to some of his music when I heard some songs that triggered some memories. Eve 6 "Here's to the Night" and Dave Matthews Band "Crash into Me". I know one of those songs was in the grad slideshow and possibly both of them. But now everytime I hear that song I remember being up on that gooseneck trailer in the Shoal Lake Community Hall, watching my past and the past of my friends. So needless to say "Here's to the Night" makes me all nostalgic and wishing life had a rewind button so that I could enjoy it over and over again.

No comments: