Saturday, October 13, 2007

Suddenly

So suddenly school is coming to me. Still not as fast I'd like but it's coming to me. I've begun to adjust to the idea that I'm no longer the coolest kid on the playground, and I'm really starting to enjoy RMC. I wrote my calculus midterm yesterday and I know for a fact I didn't do great, but I'm pretty sure I passed it. My room mate reminded me of something we were told when we got here: "You haven't failed until someone has told you that you've failed." After mulling that one over I realized it was true and that I have yet to actually fail at anything. I also felt better when I found out that my mark on my last algorithms quiz was just as a good as the majority of the class and actually probably better then a lot of people's marks. Then when the prof finally explained stuff it all made sense and it made even more sense when I went to her tutorial. I've got 3 midterms on Monday, which I'm a little worried about, but I've decided I'm gonna do my best and not give up until I'm forced to kicking and screaming. Hmmm so that's my speech about how I feel better about RMC, and how I don't feel like a depressed bag of crap as I did a few short days ago. I'm sure I'll get the same feeling a few more times during the next four years but I know I can handle it.

So last night I ventured into Kingston with a group of friends. Nothing to exciting, bought some new shoes (let's just say they were worth what I probably spent in a single year on shoes, but when you're in the military your feet are important), watched a movie (The Kingdom, freaking awesome movie, except now that I know how to use a weapon in a military fashion I criticize all of the gun play a lot), and some of us drove around Queens doing a recce for later presence patrols (if you catch my drift. Queens is sorta like Strathclair was to me when I was in Shoal Lake, if you once again catch my drift, except I haven't actually met anyone yet. All in good time). Walking down Princess St. (downtown Kingston) in our uniforms (we have to) is a great way to get negative looks from Queens guys and positive from the ladies. Plus some of the girls were screaming at us from a balcony about Christmas Ball, so it shouldn't be hard to bring some girls across the causeway for the ball in November. Well that's about it for my random activities. Time to hit up la biblioteche pour studying.

1 comment:

Allison said...

i love your posts brad!!
and i love shoes.. yea random fact.. oh and stay away from the 16-year olds! haha