Saturday, February 07, 2009

Its Been Awhile.....something something

So it has been quite sometime since I last used this thing. To be honest I ran out of things to say, and the whole blogging thing just fell out of favor with me....but! I've mulled it over for the last few weeks after seeing a rebirth in some other people's blogs, and its time to restart blogging. However I plan on taking it in a slightly different direction then before, whether that happens will be yet to be seen, just as will I make a second post soon after this is yet to be seen. I hope to post about once a week with a little FYI on what I'm up to and some social satire or just sarcastic comments from me. Oh and to all those naysayers that say blogging is for girls and sissies....tell that to Chris Bosh, John Mayer, and Barney Stinson. I personally wouldn't tell a giant basketball player that blogging is for sissies, sure those guys aren't big like football players but they've got a longer reach then I do!

So this one's going to be a long post since it's my first back. Plus I've got a few things to get off my chest. Let me start with Katy Perry's newest music video "Thinking Of You". I can't find the proper relationship to describe my feelings towards it. First of all what's with the theme? I'm not following the obsession with World War 2 themed music videos, though I don't complain when they prance around in those skimpy 40s era clothes or lack of clothes! Now I'm not sure if they hire subject matter experts to advise them on the theme, but if you have watched the video over and over as much as I have you'll notice there's a tractor in the yard of the house she's getting it on in. You may notice there's rubber on the tires which is historically inaccurate!! Everyone knows that in WW2 rubber was needed for the war effort and that tractors produced in this era had all metal tires!! Oh and judging from this video I think I've got a very good shot at dating her. She's in love with a soldier and having extra relations with a farm boy...know anyone fitting both of those descriptions? My last music video I need to talk about is by the band The Veronicas or are they a band since it's just two sisters who sing together are they still considered a band if they're just a duet? All I wanna say is those Aussie twins have a catchy tune and look very relationable.

So what's new with me these days besides my love for Katy Perry and the recurrence of my twin obsession that started with Full House all those years ago. I got my wisdom teeth extracted or possibly butchered out of me by some possibly rookie oral surgeons. I got some good drugs, and a possible dry socket which they packed with puke and burnt rubber or at least that's what the stuff they put in there to fix it tasted like and still sometimes does nearly 6 days later. School is going much better this year, and if luck is on my side I might be 2/3 of the way to being qualified in French....though when it comes to French, I need more then just bonne chance, this prairie boy just can't seem to catch on to it. It almost makes you wonder if I should have chased girls to the west of my house instead of to the east....What else is new? I write memos discussing how I think infrastructure at the college can be improved...it's actually a duty I got and thanks to me there will be shoe cleaners to the entrances of the dorms! On Thursday night I partook in the 3rd 24 hour annual snow sculpting contest between Queens, RMC, and this year St. Lawrence College. Unfortunately we couldn't pull off a 3rd victory, and St. Lawrence took the cake. This year we were allowed to use wood to help build the sculpture. St. Lawrence brought what looked like their entire carpentry program, because they were worried we were going to bring in a squadron of engineers with a logistics section, infantry support, artillery, a tank, and close air support. We were fortunate to scrape together 4-5 people for a 4 hour shift. This weekend was also Westpoint Weekend, when we do a weekend exchange with the US Army's equivelant of RMC. I wonder if they call this weekend RMC Weekend? I also thought there's some irony in the fact that we have such an exchange in Kingston which at times in our history has been a bastion in the defense of our fledgling nation against the Americans. Anyways its a good weekend and very interesting to meet some people like myself from south of the border, and its sorta of funny to see them on parade wearing desert camo and fleece in -15 weather. They're dressed for Iraq and we're dressed to sneak up on just below the tree line. One last new thing in my life was that I went and saw illScarlet play a free concert behind city hall lastnight. Anyways home in a week for a week! See you all soon!

No comments: