Thursday, May 01, 2008

Switchin to glide...

So my exams are all done, for better or worse. What now? EPT.....which for all of you people not attuned to the hundreds of acronyms I spit out means Environmental Physical Training. I fall under the Army category, because I'm a first year going on a course that covers general stuff, which is more applicable to ground operations. So we do a lot of running, and ruck marches. Only another two weeks of it, and parade practices and I'll be home on holidays, and then it's back to French training in St. Jean and Basic after that. Yeah, you read that right holidays. I've got two weeks in May, which will be only holidays until Christmas (Yes, I realize that means 7 months without stepping foot in Manitoba). I'll be taking a little bit of my own medicine and be sucking it up.

Anyways EPT is pretty chill. We get up early and do some activities. The last couple days its been runs and ruck marches. Some fairly easy stuff. On Monday I was the First Aider for the Range Day, which was pretty good because no one got hurt, but also a little crappy, because it was cold and rainy. The rest of the time I've been waking up for my activities and spending my afternoons napping, except on Tuesday, because it was Free Cone Day at Ben and Jerry's.

What else have I been up to? Well anyone lucky enough to be one of my 645 friends on Facebook (I'm slowly working towards one thousand) has probably viewed my photos of scenic Wolfe Island, where thanks to my friend (thank god he's going to have a GPS in that Hornet if he makes it through PFT) we ended up in the middle of nowhere on a 7 mile by 27 mile island. It got dark, there were thorns, trees, multiple obstructions, my other friend and I decided to wear shorts, and we were a good 5-7 miles away from the car all because he misread or forgot to read the legend on the map. So hopefully that's a lesson to all of you out there. On the bright side we ran into some guys who gave us some brewskies so the story had a happy ending. Read the map or you'll buddy **** your buddies. I also watched the movie Juno......all I can say is that it makes teen pregnancy look acceptable, because if a movie says it'll have a happy ending then there's a good chance it will in real life......not. The new Harold and Kumar movie is better then the first, Street Kings is a fictional account of what it would be like for me to be a cop (shooting the bad guys dead and falsifying the reports, because you know the court system will fail), Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a must see, and I can't remember what other movies I've watched out of boredom in the days following exams.

No comments: