Saturday, January 19, 2008

Deployment

When I'm not studying I enjoy reading up on a lot of things. The news being one of them. I feel it's important to know what's going on in the world. As some of you may know the 2PPCLI and elements of the RCHA (Royal Canadian Horse Artillery) from Shilo are deploying next month to Afghanistan. This is the largest deployment from Shilo so far in the conflict and I urge you all to start slapping the "Support Our Troops" ribbons on your vehicles. If you need help getting ribbons then I might be able to help, so just let me know! To read about the deployment click on the link below. There's also a video with the story if you look around the page the story is on.

To read: http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080119/shilo_sendoff_080119/20080119?hub=Canada


In other news. Yesterday I was able to attend a session with Senator Romeo Dallaire or as some of you may know him LGen Dallaire. He was at RMC to discuss Canada's role in the world as a middle power and other world issues. Very good speaker!

1 comment:

Michele said...

hey, do you think you could help me get one of those "Support Our Troops" ribbobs.. my cousin is one of the ones being deployed to Afghanistan next month